NOTICE BUILDING HOURS: Starting May 3, the library will resume normal business hours at the Black Road Branch.
- MON-THURS: 9 a.m.-9 p.m. FRI & SAT: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. SUN 1-5 p.m. (closed Sundays in the summer, Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend)
- Please note the Ottawa Street Branch will continue to open at 11 a.m. Mon-Sat to accommodate construction. Pickup services in the lobby will be available from 9-11 a.m.
- The drive thru at Black Road will be available during open hours.
- Public computer use, in-house printing, scanning, copying, faxing and scanning are now available.
- We encourage you to utilize our pick up windows and access our digital resources and virtual events online.
- Book and Bean Cafe at the Black Road Branch is now open for dine-in and take-out. Online ordering is also available.
Guidelines for Visiting:
- Masks or facial coverings will be required to enter the buildings.
- Please practice social distancing measures and follow the signage in the buildings to direct you.
- Wash and/or sanitize your hands often.
- If you are sick or symptomatic, we ask that you please stay home and visit the library when you are feeling better.
- Continue to return your items to our outdoor or foyer book drops. Please do not hand materials to staff.
Other Services (Digital Media Studio)
- The Digital Media Studio at the Ottawa Street Branch will be open Monday-Thursday 11 a.m.-5 p.m. and Fridays 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Audio appointments are not available at this time.
- Headphones and phone chargers will be unavailable for loan until further notice.
Programming and Meeting Rooms:
- Virtual Programming is available at jolietlibrary.org.
- Meeting Rooms at both Branches and Study Rooms at the Black Road Branch are unavailable at this time.
- We are not able to offer proctoring services at this time.
Pickup Service Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
Friday/Saturday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Sunday: 1-5 p.m. (closed Sundays in the summer, Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend)
Are you accepting book donations?
We are not accepting book donations at this time.
How do I return my materials?
Please return materials to the book drops only. We ask that you do not hand materials directly to staff.
I returned my materials, but I still see them reflected in my account.
Returned materials will not be reflected on your account immediately.
Will I be fined if my items are late?
Our book drops are currently open for returns, but most library collections are fine free for late fines. Visit our Fines and Fees page for more details: https://www.jolietlibrary.org/index.php/en/fines-and-fees.
When do I need to pick up my items I placed on hold?
In an effort to get items to you faster, items will be held for pick up for five days.
Using the Library from Home:
If you aren’t quite ready to visit yet, our Digital Branch has lots of ways to enjoy our services without visiting in person.
You can download eBooks, listen to audiobooks, stream movies and TV shows, read magazines and more! Check out our digital services and Virtual Programming for all ages!