The Joliet Public Library is now fine free on most collection items.
Under the fine free policy, patrons are encouraged to return materials in a responsible and timely manner, but there are no charges for daily overdue fines on most items. Interlibrary loans, Playaway Launchpads, Most Wanted Collection and video games will still accrue daily overdue fines. In addition, patrons will still be responsible for replacement charges for lost or damaged items.
Your account will be blocked from further use after 7 days overdue until the item is returned or replaced.
You will be billed for items not returned after 14 days overdue.
To pay a replacement fee or past fine, visit My Account. You will need to log in using your library card number and PIN; once you have logged in, locate the tab at the bottom with the title “MY ACCOUNT” and click on the Fines and Fees link. Then you can follow the simple instructions to pay via credit card. Payment is made through the secure Illinois State Treasurer’s Office, and all major credit cards are accepted.
We also accept payments at the circulation desk in any of the two branches.
- Books: 21 days – 2 renewals – No item limit
- Books on CD: 21 days – 2 renewals -10 item limit
- DVDs/Blu-Ray/TV-Shows: 7 days (Fiction) – 21 days (Nonfiction) – 2 renewals – 10 item limit
- Magazines: 21 days – 2 renewals – No item limit
- Most Wanted (Best sellers): 7 days – 0 renewals – No item limit
- Music CDs: 21 days – 2 renewals – 10 item limit
- Playaways and Playaway Kits: 21 days – 2 renewals – 5 item limit
- Playaway Launchpads: 21 days -1 renewal -1 item limit
- Video Games: 7 days – 2 renewals – 2 item limit